HEAD OF DEVELOPMENT
We are looking for an exceptional fundraiser to join our team, bringing the leadership, confidence, drive, and experience to develop and deliver outstanding fundraising results. Pangea Trust is a small charity with a big mission to end the exploitation of captive elephants in Europe. So, if that’s a challenge that excites and energises you, then we can’t wait to hear from you.
Salary: £50,000 pro rata
Terms: Part-time 2-4 days per week
Location: Flexible, remote with regular meetings in London, with some travel in UK and Europe
To lead, develop and deliver a strategic fundraising programme to secure the resources we need to achieve our mission to free elephants held in captivity in Europe and establish the first large-scale elephant sanctuary and nature reserve.
Main responsibilities include:
- Strategic fundraising leadership to develop and deliver an ambitious plan for transformational growth.
- Build and manage existing fundraising streams, with a focus on growing major gift fundraising from donors and philanthropic foundations.
- Personally manage and steward our pool of major donors and prospects and secure gifts.
- In time, lead, support and nurture a small fundraising team to achieve outstanding results.
This exciting position demands vision, creativity, a passion for our cause, and brilliant relationship-building skills. The Head of Development will play a key leadership role in the organisation and directly secure income through developing our major gifts fundraising. This exciting position demands vision, creativity, a passion for the cause, and brilliant relationship-building skills. Joining an optimistic and supportive team, you will have the freedom to innovate and explore exciting new ways to achieve our mission.
The skills and qualities we’re looking for include the following:
- Experienced in creating a transformational income and engagement strategy and developing clear plans to deliver it.
- Substantial experience and a strong track record of success in securing major gifts, as well as direct experience of at least one other income stream, ideally trusts and grants or corporate partnerships.
- Equally comfortable crafting compelling funding bids and cases for support for donors
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft and deliver compelling messages and to produce concise, persuasive written information.
- A strong empathy and engagement with the work of Pangea and the desire to drive it forward, bringing energy and determination to its mission.
- A genuine interest in world and current affairs, which may impact Pangea’s operational or fundraising objectives.
- Decisive and straightforward; self-starter and a team player; high levels of drive and energy; a sense of humour; impeccable, innovative, and creative story-telling capability.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work intuitively with a “can do” entrepreneurial approach in a small, fast-paced and dynamic team.
How to Apply:
Please see our candidate pack for more details and send your CV and detailed cover letter (no more than two pages) explaining your motivations for working for Pangea and how your skills and experience make you an ideal candidate.
- Closing date – Thursday 6th April 2023 at 5pm
- Interviews are planned to take place during the week commencing 17th April 2023
If you would like an informal discussion about this role before applying, please get in touch with Kate Moore, Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies, please.